Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Warm Monkey Bread with Maple Icing!


Oh you should have been here this morning. I made some wonderful Monkey bread with maple icing. Oh yes, it was the best! The kids (Garrett and Morgan) thought it was the best too. When Justin gets home from school today he will love it also. I am sure Kevin will want some for breakfast in the morning...that is if there is any left. I have to keep Garrett away from it! Morgan said it was so good that she didn't think I should share the recipe. :) I will share if you will comment how you liked it.



2 cans Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Walnuts and raisins (optional)
3/4c butter (melted)

Heat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease fluted tube pan with cooking spray. In lrg. plastic bag place sugar and cinnamon.

Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut ea. into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the pieces.

Pour melted butter over the top of biscuits and bake 28 mins.

Maple Icing:


1 lb. powdered sugar
1/4c whole milk


3 tbs. butter (melted)
1/8c strongly brewed coffee
dash of salt
1/2 tbs. maple extract

Mix together until desired consistency. You can add extra milk or coffee if you want it thinner.

After the bread is baked, let it cool for a minute or two and flip onto a plate. Pour the icing over the bread and enjoy! I put a tiny bit of icing on the rolls before I flipped it just to make sure I got it all over. :)


3 comments:

  1. I'm trying this tommorow morning! Why the 1/8 cup of "strongly brewed coffee?

    felixroge@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coffee gives the maple a good flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great! It lasted about 5 minutes with my crew! We left out the coffee, tho :-)

    It's been requested as a repeat!

    ReplyDelete