Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rocking It!

We are so excited to be hosting a wedding at our home on July 29th.  The bride is Amanda who is the oldest of our dear friends the Varnell family.  Amanda is the first of 13 kids!  So in preparation for the wedding, of course we needed to beautify things around our yard.  One of the things that needed to be done and has only been on my wish list for several years was rock in the flower beds.  I order 5 1/2 yards of rock which is a gigantic pile!  We had a lot of ground to cover.  This pile got us half way around the yard.  The rest will have to happen at another date. :) Garrett and I spent an entire day shoveling alone the first day.  We were both in serious pain after that so we had to call for help.  The following day we had three of Amanda's brothers come help.  They were some hard workers whom Garrett and I were thankful to have around.  The kids took turns swimming (because it was really hot), shoveling and eating.  The boys said they work for food, so I tried to keep them fed.  I can't imagine feeding so many boys daily.  My two boys eat me out of house and home as it is!





My newly landscaped front planter.  (Thanks to my good friend Jennifer for her design.)

No comments:

Post a Comment