Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rodeo for Justin's 12th Birthday

Justin turned 12 on October 1st.  We decided to have a family outing to the San Dimas Rodeo for his actual birthday.  This Saturday we are planning to have a birthday party with his friends.  The rodeo was fun and exciting!  It was also VERY hot!  We scorched in the sun for over 3 hours when we had to leave because we ran out of waters and cash!  I think we were all getting headaches and goofy by that point anyway.   Bummer was we missed the bull riding which I find the most exciting!  I love rodeos because they are so all American.  They had sky divers parachute into the rodeo for the opening ceremony.  It was beautiful.  My pictures are definitely not what I had hoped but I guess I will have to make do.  It is the memories that matter anyway.

After the rodeo we headed towards home and stopped at  Toy's R Us for a little shopping.  Then Justin requested  BJ's for dinner.  Next, we headed to the movies to see  Courageous.  It was a wonderful movie.  Even Garrett loved it and said he thought it was one of the best movies he had ever seen.  It was very inspiring.  We had a full day!

















This is Justin's birthday Apple Pie that I made for him.  He wanted it instead of cake.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday to Justin :) It sounds like he had a wonderful day. Everyone has been telling us that Courageous is wonderful. We're going to have to see it soon.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete